Visit the gov.uk website to find out more about apprenticeships.
Berkshire Apprenticeship Service - Friday 24th August 1-4pm
Join us for an interactive session on...
• what a great apprenticeship application should look like
• Insight into the recruitment process
• A chance to talk to employers and training providers about what they expect to see on an application
• News about live vacancies
Click here to find out more.
Jacobs Career Open Evening - Thursday 24th May 5-8pm
Engineer a Career at Jacobs! Jacobs will open its doors to aspiring engineers, environmentalists and ecologists to provide information on both its Graduate and Apprenticeship opportunities. Click here for more details.
Accountancy Apprenticeships Vs University: Any Questions
27 March 2018 6:30-7:30pm
First Intuition are holding an information evening for parents and students (Years 11-13). The aim of the evening is to find out about the different routes of starting a career in business via an accounting qualification.
One route is via an apprenticeship in accounting. This is a great alternative to going to University. An apprenticeship lets you learn on the job, develop knowledge and skills, gain an AAT accounting qualification and earn money – all at the same time
We will explain the different routes including the what, why, who and how of apprenticeships. One of our employers, Moore Stephens will be attending with two of their students. They will be sharing their journey to qualifying as an accountant. Please see the flyer for more details.
Apprenticeship Careers Fair
Bracknell & Wokingham College will be once more celebrating National Apprenticeship week this year by holding their 2nd annual Apprenticeship Careers Fair on Weds 7th March 10am – 6pm and would like to extend the invitation to Maiden Erlegh School.
Based on last year’s incredibly successful event of over 700 attendees they now have 24 local companies who have taken a stand and will be there to talk about and promote the careers paths and apprenticeship opportunities that they have at their companies alongside their own Apprenticeship team who cover 15 career areas. Some of the companies who will be attending are; Berkshire Health NHS Foundation Trust, Blue Apple, Care line, Chancellors, Chartered Institute of Credit Management, Clarkson Evans, Dimensions, Fujitsu, Hilton, Lloyds Register, LEGOLAND, Network Rail and many more.
This is a great opportunity to find out more about Apprenticeships schemes, how they work, how to apply, the different levels including Higher Apprenticeships and what they can offer as an alternative to University. This event is of particular interest to Year Groups 10,11,12 & 13.
If you would like to attend or would like more information on the event please contact Mr Buck.
Please click on the links below to discover apprenticeship opportunities that are currently available to students;
AWE - If you are thinking about applying for an engineering apprenticeship then the AWE applications process for the 2018 intake of apprentices is currently open and will close at the end of January 2018.
Please see below apprenticeship vacancies for maintenance and engineering technicians available with BMW.
- Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship - https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-225654
- Engineering Technician Apprenticeship (Degree Apprenticeship) - https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-225573
Learners can also view all of the positions available at BMW https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/gb/en/jobs.html#jobType=APPRENTICESHIP&&location=GB our general careers page link is www.bmwgroup.jobs/uk
If any students are interested in these vacancies they can apply through the national apprenticeship service website via the links above.
Our current vacancies are within our Reading Office. Please see the links below for the posts available. Please be advised the closing dates for applications is 4th April 2018.
We are looking for enthusiastic, professional, hardworking individuals who are willing to learn and determined to succeed.
Candidates must be 16 years or older with a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A - C including Maths and English. Apprentices will follow 13-15 months Advanced Apprenticeship framework (Level 3) in Business Administration or in Finance/Accountancy.
For any queries please contact us via email@example.com
Please see below for apprenticeship opportunities;
SSE is one of the “Big Six” companies which dominate the UK energy market and they are now recruiting for new apprentices. Applications close on the 18th March.
Requirements vary dependent on scheme (details below) but SSE do aim their apprenticeships at those with at least 3 GCSEs (including Maths, English and Science) and those who have/are completing A Levels (or equivalent).
Engineering Craft Apprenticeship
- Engineering Craft Apprenticeship Locations- August 2018 intake
- More information – http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/engineering-craft-apprenticeships/
- Locations - http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/engineering-craft-apprenticeships/locations-and-roles/
- What’s required - http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/engineering-craft-apprenticeships/whats-required/
- Apply - http://www.ssejobs.co.uk/caw/en/job/515693?lApplicationSubSourceID=11549
- More information - http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/trainee-engineers/
- Locations - http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/trainee-engineers/locations-and-roles/
- What’s required - http://sse.com/careers/apprentices-and-trainees/trainee-engineers/whats-required/
- Apply - http://www.ssejobs.co.uk/caw/en/job/515702?lApplicationSubSourceID=11549
Thales- Apprenticeship opportunities for September 2018 are now live on their early careers site for people to apply for. Thales have a number of engineering and business opportunities at a variety of levels across the UK.