Click here to view our latest vacancies.
Why work at Maiden Erlegh School in Reading?
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is a new school, in purpose built accommodation, within an established and exceptional Multi Academy Trust. Our students thrive in a mature, supportive, purposeful and happy environment. They benefit immensely from working with our highly trained, talented and dedicated teachers and support staff and from participating in a wide range of exciting and inspiring extra-curricular activities. As a result they make excellent progress, but also grow into wonderful young adults. This means that they are equipped to take up their place in the world, whether their first steps are to university (including to some of the most prestigious establishments in the country), to college, onto an apprenticeship or into the world of work.
Here are just a few reasons to come and join our team...
- Trust Secondary schools have delivered 83% 5A*-C/9-4 (Inc. English and Maths)
- Tried and tested “raising standards strategy” is in place and guides our work
- Above national attainment and progress
- Close to London, with excellent transport links.
- Excellent public transport in and around Reading and Wokingham
- Enthusiastic, diverse and committed student body
- Smart, intelligent, articulate students who are good company
- Students who want to learn and enjoy their learning
- You will have enthusiastic support for clubs, trips and societies from our student body
- Culture is calm and purposeful with no bells
- Supportive and welcoming staff
- Strong leaders who support teachers in the classroom
- Innovative and inspirational role models
Opportunities, development and support for colleagues
- Staff Classroom and Email Etiquette in place
- Staff Wellbeing Charter
- Clear and consistent routines to support all colleagues and students
- High quality, bespoke Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Buddy provided for all new colleagues
- Trained professional coaches available (and opportunity to train as a coach)
- As a growing Trust, we offer many opportunities for career progression
- Teaching School opportunities e.g.: to work with as a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE)
- Middle Leadership Training Programme on offer to all new and aspiring middle leaders
- A strong track record of investing in colleagues in order to grow our own talent.
- Cover Supervisors are employed to support our cover policy
- New building and facilities enhances the quality of teaching and learning and staff working
- Comprehensive IT support with up to date infrastructure
- Well-equipped staff work areas for use by teaching and support staff
- Open to proposals for flexible working and structured job shares
- Reliable remote desktop connection is available (should you wish to work from home)
- School places available for children of colleagues
- Childcare voucher scheme is available
- Staff social committee