At Maiden Erlegh School in Reading we understand the devastating impact that bullying can have on a young person’s life. We will strive to do our utmost to support students and fully investigate any reported incidents according to our Anti-Bullying Policy. This policy is available here: https://www.maidenerleghschoolreading.co.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=4168&type=pdf
We encourage students to report bullying incidents to their form tutor or Head of Year so that these can be investigated fully. However, we are aware that reporting in person can be daunting for some young people, we therefore encourage students to report bullying, and any other concerns, via ClassCharts Wellbeing.
We also wanted to share a variety of different website resources that may be able to offer support for our parents/carers and young people with regards to their mental health and wellbeing, including those that have experienced bullying.
- Stonewall: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/ Useful links and information around LGBTQ+ issues
- Anti-Bullying Alliance: https://anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/advice-and-support/advice-parents-and-carers A website with resources and advice to support parents and carers
- Childline: https://www.childline.org.uk/ A helpline for children which also has lots of useful information and links on bullying
- Family Lives: https://www.familylives.org.uk/ a useful website to support parents, carers and families on dealing with a variety of issues including bullying
- The Children’s Society: https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/information/young-people information for young people on how to support their wellbeing
- EACH: http://each.education/homophobic-transphobic-helpline EACH has a freephone Helpline for children experiencing homophobic, biphobic or transphobic bullying or harassment
- Kidscape: https://www.kidscape.org.uk/advice/advice-for-young-people/dealing-with-bullying/ Has advice for parents and young people dealing with, or experiencing bullying
- Kooth: https://www.kooth.com/ free, anonymouse support for young people and their wellbeing
- Young Minds: https://www.youngminds.org.uk/young-person/coping-with-life/bullying/ support and guidance for young people that have experienced bullying.