Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is proud to be able to offer a wide and varied selection of enrichment learning for our students outside of the core curriculum.
Enrichment and extension activities are organised through Curriculum Departments. These include a full range of sporting, cultural and artistic activities delivered during regular clubs and activities related to specific subjects. In addition, trips and visits during the school day, in the evening and over longer periods involving overnight stays all serve to add value to the taught curriculum.
With the relaxation of Covid-19 measures, we are aiming to redevelop a varied, high quality programme where all students at Maiden Erlegh School in Reading will be able to participate in some way.
Some of the regular after school clubs we are running include:
- Homework Club
- Maths Drop-in
- Science Drop-in
- Art & Photography Clubs
- PE Clubs (a variety of sports for both boys and girls)
- Silver Programme
- Culture & Diversity Discussion Groups
- Knitting Club
- Creative Writing
- Plus full Peripatetic music timetable
In addition to our regular activities, other special events which took place in recent years:
- E-safety day
- Maths Puzzle day
- Meet the author event
- Music Celebrations
- Sports Day
- Thorpe Park visit
- Inter-form sports contests
- Silver programme challenge event
- Zoo visit
- Outdoor Education Residential
- Easter egg Hunt.
- Special Celebration parties for good effort and achievement (e.g. Film Party, Cake Party, BBQ)