Learning, Teaching and Assessment
MAIDEN ERLEGH SCHOOL IN READING'S LEARNING JOURNEY
“Success is a journey, not a destination.” - Arthur Ashe (1943-93), Tennis champion.
All students are on a learning journey which they will continue all the way through their adult lives.
In order that the journey is stimulating, enjoyable and successful for all our students we ensure that:
- students have access to curriculum pathways and a broad range courses appropriate to their strengths, needs and aspirations
- students are taught using a wide range of techniques and resources which promote deep learning and understanding
- students develop a range of skills and learning habits so that they can manage their own learning as much as possible
- students are both supported and challenged them where necessary
- students and parents know and understand their end of key stage performance targets
- students and parents know and understand their what they need to do to ensure students make strong progress towards their targets
- teachers and teaching assistants understand how they can help every student in their care to progress along their personal Learning Journey.