81% of students rate Maiden Erlegh School in Reading as good or very good.
Students are also complementary about school and aspects of our work and rate the following statements strongly:
- I usually enjoy my lessons.
- I have developed good independent learning skills
- I am supported to achieve good results
- I am given good feedback given in how to improve my work
- My strengths and successes are celebrated and supported.
- I am challenged to think and work hard in lessons
- I know my strengths in each subject
- I try to find out answers and solutions for myself before asking the teacher.
- I keep myself fit and healthy
- I understand lifestyle choices which are harmful to my health
- I understand about consent with regard to sex and relationships
- I understand how to look after my mental and emotional health
- I understand how to keep myself safe online
- I understand about extremism and radicalisation.
- I understand about the Equality Act and the groups of people protected by it.
- I understand about sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- I understand about British Values.
- I understand the dangers of drugs and addiction
- I understand the law relating to drugs
- I would know how to get help if I needed it (through school or from elsewhere)
- I understand what skills and attributes employers are looking for.
- Attendance and punctuality
- Range of extra-curricular activities
- The experience of moving from primary to secondary school
- The guidance given to Year 8 about their options process.
- The guidance given to Year 11 about the next phase of their education or training