84% of students rate Maiden Erlegh School in Reading as good or excellent.
The 2022 survey confirmed the many aspects of our work that our students rate highly. The areas that received at the most positive responses include:
- Students are proud to attend the school
- Enjoyment of lessons
- The usefulness of feedback students receive from teachers
- The relationships students have with teachers
- The quality of teaching and lessons
- Independent learning and resilience in learning
- Students feel that they will succeed at school
- Students feel that staff always give them the help and support they need
- Students understand why good behaviour is important
- Students feel happy in school
- Students feel safe in school
- Students from different faiths are respected
- Students with disabilities are respected
- Students understanding about the impact of missing school
- Students understanding that truancy will always be followed up
Priorities that students have asked us to look at in 2022-2023
- A wider variety of extra-curricular activities and trips
- Ensuring that learning is not disrupted by poor behaviour.
- Opportunities to have more time outside the school building
- Helping all students to behave well
- The range and variety of food in the canteen
- Having More time outside the building.